International Day of Peace 2017 (World Peace Day) – 21st September Quotes and Wishes
Table of Contents
Happy World Peace Day! The United Nations declared to be the International Day of Peace in 1981.The day was first celebrated in 1982 and is kept by folks, political groups, military groups, and many states. From 2013, this day was officially followed by the declaration of Secretary-general of UN. So, every year this very special day is observed on September 21st.
To inaugurate the day, the United Nations Peace Bell is rung at UN Headquarters (in New York City). The bell is cast from coins donated by kids from all continents except Africa, and was a gift from the United Nations Association of Japan, as “a reminder of the human price of war”; the inscription on its side reads, “Long live absolute world peace”.
Ever since then, this day was observed by everyone on Earth as a reminder that we have just one planet – it’s our only home, and we should advance towards making it even more beautiful than it is? And not do any damage to any individual or group of individuals.
We are encouraged as individuals, to play a significant role in making the world a better place. The originator of this day considers that it should begin with us.
He suggests we teach our kids and others, in means to boost peace and avoid war. He also encourages us to compose the leadership of our county about our support for peace and world harmony. Without peace, the consequences are tragic.
International Day of Peace 2017
21st September, the International Day of Peace, sometimes unofficially called World Peace Day. It is dedicated to world peace, and especially and completely avoid war and violence, such as might be occasioned by a temporary ceasefire in a combat zone for support humanitarian access.
So, to observe such an awesome day many would be planning for International day of peace activities, some would be searching the web for world peace day quotes, peace day poems, September 21st wishes, etc. and much more.
Here on this web page, we have shared all such mind blowing collections, which you can download and use for free.
Do take a look at measures taken to safeguard International Peace in the past
- Art for Peace, Kabul: On September 7, 2010, United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan had launched ‘Art for Peace’, an initiative in war-torn Afghanistan. An exhibition of artworks created by young artists was held at Kabul’s famous Queen’s Palace. The exhibition aimed at reminding the upcoming generation of Afghanistan about their 2,500-year-old cultural background
- Peace on Wheels, Afghanistan: Nadir Shah Nangarhari of Afghanistan started a bicycle trip for around 14,000 kilometres around Europe and America to spread the message of peace and global brotherhood. The Afghan government has identified the ace cyclist and his son as peace ambassadors and supports the initiative
- Peaceful co-existence, Iraq: The youths and children of Kirkuk, Iraq, gathered to take part in several sporting activities in August 2010. The event brought communities together and breathed a new life into the victims of military insurgencies. The one-month sporting programme, held under the theme of ‘Love and Peaceful coexistence is the basis for peace in Kirkuk’, aimed to educate the next generation about love, peace and tolerance
- Play for Peace, Gaza: Ezbet Abed Rabbo is a small settlement near the border of Israel and Gaza. Israel’s aggressive military actions had left the town devastated. A team of 25 psychologists and counsellors, appointed by the Palestinian Center for Democracy and Conflict Resolution, took heed of the situation and helped the children and members of the community with psychological treatment
- Peace takes a flight, Gaza: Around 7,000 kids made it to the Guinness Book of Records in August 2010 when they flew kites simultaneously on a beach in Northern Gaza to spread the message of togetherness and global peace
- Project Amani, Kenya:Project Amani is a peace initiative launched in Kenya to educate the people of the African country about the national progressive transformation and welcome them to be a active part of it. The Kenyan youths have been instrumental in the implementation of this initiative
- Knowledge for all, Sudan:Sudan is considered as one of the most war-affected countries in the world at present. The country is filled with ex-combatants from the civil war that gave birth to South Sudan. In order to rehabilitate these former gunmen into normal lifestyle, the German Technical Cooperation, an implementing partner of the UNDP Reintegration Programme, offers classes on subjects like maths, general science and etc to such ex-combatants. source: Indiatoday
We could only live ones, so make our presence on the planet as a blessing to the planet and its habitants.
- national peace day
- when is world peace day
- facts about international day of peace
- international day of peace activities for students
- international day of peace for kids