WWE Updates: Monday Night RAW Results 2/29/16
Byron and JBL Saxton joined him.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Triple H in a suit.
Triple H talks about how everyone has an authority figure in their own life that they don’t challenge because they’re scared. He says that anxiety isn’t a terrible thing, it is what keeps things set up. He says nature supplies you with that anxiety so that you may understand your place in life. Fans boo. He says Roman Reigns should have listened to that panic, he should have known his place but he did not. He chose to challenge power and disrespect ability. He chose to challenge Triple H and disrespect Triple H. Triple H says Reigns is sitting at home right now expecting his WrestleMania spot still exists. He goes on but is interrupted by the music of Dean Ambrose. Out he comes to a pop.
Ambrose limps into the ring and goes to discuss but fans cheer. They chant his name now. Ambrose says he only got off the phone with Reigns. He talks about the other stuff that happened last week and fans start chanting for Shane McMahon. Ambrose asks Triple H not or if he likes Shane and Triple H brushes off it. Triple H says his time is being wasted by Ambrose. He says Reigns and Lesnar are the sole ones that meant anything in that Triple Threat. Ambrose gets in the face of Triple H.
Ambrose knows Triple H forgets about the little people sometimes but he’s Dean Ambrose and he is the last person Triple H needed to confront at WrestleMania 32. Triple H laughs at him and asks if he really is mental. Ambrose wonders why everyone keeps saying that. Ambrose says Triple H is smart enough to understand he can’t overcome him. Devotees chant for Ambrose now. He says he is able to see it in the face and body of Triple H, he is able to read Triple H like a self help book. He can even smell it on him… he says Triple H doesn’t consider he can beat Ambrose. Triple H says the unfamiliar odor is probably laundry detergent and clean clothing, or something else Ambrose does not have… cash and power. A “you can not overcome him” chant starts up now. Ambrose challenges Triple H to a title match tonight. Ambrose wants to find out right now and desires to find out if he’s just talking crazy. Triple H says Ambrose can not only walk out with a silly thought and make it happen. He will give Ambrose an answer by the end of the night. Triple H was going to give the night off because of Lesnar beating him up to Ambrose but he changed his mind. He publications Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio with the remainder of the League of Nations at ringside to see if Ambrose will learn to respect power. Triple H exits the ring and we visit the announcers.
– Still to come, The Undertaker. Also, Stephanie McMahon and Vince McMahon will be here. We see backstage walking. Back to commercial.
#1 Contenders Match: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
Back from the break and outside comes Becky Lynch to a pop. Sasha Banks is outside next, additionally to a great reaction. We see WWE Divas Victor Charlotte and Ric Flair sitting at ringside.
They go at it and Sasha and the first takedown connect. Sasha averts an early Disarm Her attempts. Dueling chants by the devotees now. They trade several holds and pin attempts before coming to a stalemate as fans cheer. Sasha pitches Becky to the floor but she lands on her feet. They tangle on the floor and Becky comes off the apron and nails Sasha. Becky brings it back in but Sasha pulls her into the ring post and knees her in the face.
Back from the break and Sasha misses knees in the corner. Back and forth on the mat. Sasha with a backslide.. Sasha counters a tilt-a-whirl and knocks Becky down on the apron. Becky nails a dropkick for a 2 count and pushes her back to the mat.
Becky drops Sasha with an elbow. They end up top again. Sasha brings down Becky with a sunset flip. The referee counts the fall that is double.
– After the match, Lilian Garcia that all four shoulders were down, leading to a double pin is informed by the referee. Everyone looks confused as their departure is made by The Flares and Becky and Sasha look on from the ring.
The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler
Back from the break and outside comes Dolph Ziggler as The Miz looks on. We see their segment from last week’s RAW pre- show that led to this match. Ziggler with a neckbreaker and early pin efforts into a 2 count. Ziggler with a dropkick and splash in the corner. Ziggler with another neckbreaker and an elbow drop for a 2 count. Miz catches a superkick. Ziggler blocks the Skull Destroying Ending and dabs Miz in the corner. After he hit the turnbuckle for the quick win Miz rolls Ziggler up out of the corner.
Victor: The Miz
– We get a promo from Bray Wyatt backstage.
– Still to come, AJ Styles and Chris Jericho vs. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day. Additionally, a look at Shane McMahon’s return. Back to advertisement.
– Stephanie McMahon is.
– Back from the break along with the Vincent J. McMahon Heritage of Excellence Award is on display in the ring. Stephanie McMahon makes her way outside.
If everyone gave her the respect she deserves, she’s going to complete her acceptance speech and would value it. Fans chant Shane O’ Mac. She says he is not here, just like he will not be here after he loses to The Undertaker at WrestleMania. Stephanie begins her speech and the boos get. Stephanie does not appear happy. Fans chant “we want Shane” now. She begins about how family time is sacrificed by her but gets this in return from the fans and clutches the award. She tips over the podium. She goes on about devotees chanting for Shane and Shane blackmailing her daddy. She points out Shane has not even been to a WrestleMania. She says the business was abandoned by him. She says he doesn’t care about her own family or her grandpa. She says she loves her brother but she does not honor him because he constantly stabs her in the back when she lets down her guard. She says it eats Shane living because she’s so much power in this company and that she is married to Triple H. She says they will have to fight for it like her daughters will. She says the notion of working for Shane makes her want to vomit. She says Taker will dismember Shane at WrestleMania and then he can take a permanent holiday. She begins ripping into the group and she is booed by them. She says the Queen, her and soon, everyone will have to bow to the King Triple H. She drops the mic and lifts the prize with all the WrestleMania sign in the backdrop. As her music hits, Stephanie leaves.
– to come, The Undertaker.
Back from the break Sin Cara is in the ring with WWE United States Champion Kalisto. The League of Nations comes out next. Rusev and Sheamus will be in actions. King Barrett and Alberto Del Rio look on from ringside. Cara and Sheamus go at it to start off things. Cara with a crossbody Sheamus on. Cara with a 2 count and a dropkick to send Rusev to the floor. Sheamus with the Irish Bane backbreaker on Cara.
Sheamus dumps Cara to the floor while the referee is distracted, as well as The League tosses him into the obstacle. Rusev comes in and brings Cara in the ring to keep control. Rusev keeps Cara grounded as devotees chant for Lana. Sheamus tags in and stomps on Cara. Sheamus unloads with forearms to the chest on the apron. Cara and talks rubbish is taunted by Sheamus. Cara fights back but he is slammed by Sheamus for a 2 count. Sheamus works on the arm. Sheamus runs into a boot in the corner. Cara with a tornado DDT.
Rusev and Kalisto come in at the exact same time. Kalisto covers for a 2 count as the pin breaks and unloads. Cara dives out onto Barrett and sends Sheamus to the floor. Sheamus nails a Brogue Kick on Cara on the floor. Kalisto leaps out from the top onto Sheamus. Kalisto on the apron deflects. Kalisto turns around to a big kick from Rusev for the win.
– After the match, Del Rio turns Kalisto upside down in the corner and ace the stomp. The League goes back to observing.
– We see footage from earlier today with Renee Young and Natalya filming a commercial backstage for Subway.
– to come, The Undertaker. Additionally, Vince McMahon will be here. We get a look back at Dean Ambrose and Triple H opening RAW interrupting him. Additionally, our main event – Ambrose vs. Del Rio. Back to commercial.
Ryback vs. Adam Rose
Back from the rest and out comes Ryback. From earlier with Ryback talking about how he deserves to shine on his own, we get a sidebar video. He’ll take it, if the WWE spotlight isn’t given to him. We view The Social Outcasts at ringside.
Ryback overpowers early on as fans chant Goldberg. After Ryback commands, Rose makes a comeback. Rose for a 2 count with a dropkick. Rose keeps on as Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater cheer him on. Ryback snaps and unloads on Rose with strikes as the referee attempts to pull him away. Ryback nails Shellshocked for the win.
– After the bell, Ryback instantly leaves and walks to the back.
– We get a look back at Brock Lesnar assaulting Dean Ambrose last week.
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day for this non-title match. Back to commercial.
Back from the break as well as The New Day is talking about how they’re the most successful group in WWE history as they are a brotherhood. Chris Jericho’s pyro interrupts big E. Outside he comes to a pop. AJ Styles it out next, also to a big pop. Jericho starts things off with Kofi Kingston and they go at it. Jericho with a nice dropkick and chops into the corner. Styles tags in and they double team Kofi. Big E runs in but they toss him to the floor with Kofi. As we go to commercial styles and Jericho leap out onto their adversaries.
Back from the break and the champions stomp away on Designs as his mouth runs at ringside. Face up dropped first on the apron. Kofi brings back Styles in and covers for a 2 count. Big E runs the ropes, comes in and nails the splash but Styles kicks out at 2. Styles ends up in as does Kofi nailing and countering a pele kick Jericho labels. Jericho with shoulder tackles him throws to the apron. Jericho goes to the top with the ax handle. Jericho with a running enziguri plus a running bulldog. Kofi comes back after another close 2 count.
Jericho nails the Lionsault and avoids a dropkick but Big E breaks the pin. Big E throws Jericho into the ring post. Kofi clotheslines Styles to the floor. Jericho turns around and blocks Trouble In Paradise. Jericho gets the Walls of Jericho locked in for the non -title win.
Winners: Chris Jericho and AJ Styles
– After the match, The New Day is leaving when Fashions requires the mic. He says this triumph sets Y2AJ at the top of the list for the WWE Tag Team Titles. Supporters cheer. Jericho challenges to a title match for next week’s RAW. After WrestleMania, The New Day, Y2AJ, the titles and everything else will never be the same Jericho says.
– to come, Triple H’s response for Dean Ambrose. Back to advertisement.
– Back from the rest and out comes Vince McMahon to a reception that is light. He is not happy with the reaction and inquires buffs if that’s all they’ve for him. He goes on about how Shane McMahon would be awful for WWE. Vince says he loves his son enough to teach him a lesson he’ll never forget. The Undertaker is called his tool of destruction by Vince. Vince introduces Taker and also the lights go out and the bells ring as Taker makes his grand entry.
Taker gets a huge pop as he finally appears. Vince looks on as The Deadman marches to the ring. Taker enters the ring and looks up at the WrestleMania sign back at Vince. Fans chant for him. Vince says, “That Is right, he’s my force of destruction, he does…” Taker grabs Vince by the throat. Taker says Vince understands what is going to happen when he shuts that door behind him at WrestleMania. Taker says Vince knows what he does and the blood of his son is going to be on Vince’s own hands, not Taker’s. That was a very quick segment. Taker’s music eventually ends and Vince takes the mic. Vince says he’s going to write Shane out of his will and provide all of it to Stephanie. Vince says this pains him to say but he will renounce Shane as his son. He says Shane will be his son from the heart, he will only be a son of a bitch. Vince’s music hits as he stands in the background with the WrestleMania banner. Vince looks out around plays and the crowd conflicted about Shane being his son.
– Back from the break and we get a glance at The Usos and The Dudley Boyz.
We go to the ring and outside come The Usos. The Dudley Boyz are out next.
Uso hits first with a dropkick in the corner. Bubba comes out of the corner and runs over Uso. Uso’s top is ripped by Bubba off and chops him in the torso. Bubba talks trash and Uso rocks him with a right hand. More physical forth and back. Uso nails a superkick. Jimmy Uso runs around and jumps off the measures to hit D-Von however he gets smacked with the table. Bubba takes advantage of the distraction and hits on the Full Nelson Slam on a preoccupied Uso for the win.
Winner: Bubba Ray Dudley
– We get another backstage section with R-Truth telling Goldust he’s not interested. Goldust walks off with his feelings.
– to come, Triple H’s answer for Ambrose. Also, Ambrose vs. Del Rio in the primary event. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens for this non-title match. Big Show is out next. The bell rings and Show strikes first.
They end up on Owens counters and the floor, sending Show into the ring post. Owens conquers down Show on the floor and attempts to get him counted out. Owens hits on a big DDT from the apron, dropping Show head on the floor and goes back out. Show makes it back in at the 9 count. Owens nails the running senton for a 2 count. Owens goes to the top but Show grabs him by the throat. Show crotches him on the very best rope and Owens falls out to the ground. Owens gets counted out.
Victor by Count Out: Big Show
– After the match, Owens continues to be laying on the ground in pain as Show laughs in the ring.
– Renee is. Renee asks what her confidence is like going into the match with Naomi. Brie says she’s nothing to be embarrassed of and talks about the rough loss to Charlotte at Fastlane. Lana interrupts things and walks up. Lana knocks Bryan and Brie and chats about how she and Rusev are better. Lana says their marriage will fail. Brie says if Lana gets in the ring then they are able to talk. She knocks Rusev and walks off. We go to commercial.
Naomi vs. Brie Bella
Back from the rest and the Divas are not in. Tamina Snuka sees from ringside. Naomi hits a knee to the gut and starts off. They go on and Brie ends up with Naomi in an armbar. The referee distracts as Tamina gets in a cheap shot at one point. Naomi baseball slides Brie to the floor in front of Tamina. Naomi with a 2 count and more violation.
Brie fights up and from a hold but Naomi bulldogs her into the middle turnbuckle. Naomi goes for the split legged moonsault but Brie moves. Naomi kicks. She hits the chain of jumping kicks. Brie hits on one of her own and ducks a kick. Brie goes to the top and Tamina runs up but her loses. Naomi takes advantage with a 2 count on Brie. Naomi hangs on and uses her new submission for the win.
– After the match, Lana’s music hits and out she comes to the stage. Lana laughs at Brie and taunts her but never takes the mic.
Back to commercial.
– Becky and Sasha are backstage from earlier talking about their match. Ric Fair and Charlotte walk up. Charlotte shows they will face each other one more time on this particular week’s SmackDown. The winner will face her at WrestleMania.
Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio
We visit the ring and outside comes Dean Ambrose to a big pop. Back to commercial.
Back from the rest and Alberto Del Rio is outside with The League of Nations. Del Rio sends Ambrose to the ground and takes control early on. He throws Ambrose into the obstacle a few times and concentrates on the taped up shoulder and ribs. Del Rio continues to dominate the match and brings it back in the band for more violation. Del Rio hits a dropkick to the face for a 2 count and goes on. Ambrose is turned by Del Rio upside down in the corner and climbs up for the stomp. He wastes time and Ambrose pulls Del Rio to the mat. Del Rio collars the Backstabber, sending Ambrose to the floor in pain although Ambrose makes a recovery.
Del Rio turns Ambrose upside down on the impediment and hits the big stomp. Ambrose barely makes it back in at the 9 count. Del Rio with enormous kicks in the corner. Ambrose blocks the cross armbreaker. Dirty Deeds are blocked by Del Rio. Ambrose nails the big bounce back clothesline. Ambrose unloads and knocks Del Rio down. Ambrose with a 2 count and also the bulldog. Ambrose goes to the top but Del Rio assaults him. Del Rio climbs up for a superplex but Ambrose headbutts him a few times. Ambrose smashes a missile dropkick for a 2 count. Ambrose ends up running into the ring post. Del Rio in the corner with the enziguri. Del Rio charges and lands on the ground as Ambrose moved. Ambrose elbows out onto The League, taking them all down and goes to the top. Ambrose comes back in the ring as devotees pop. Triple H’s music interrupts.
Winner by DQ: Dean Ambrose
– After the bell, The League defeats at Ambrose down. Triple H walks to the ring and nods in approval. Triple H enters the ring and shakes their hands. He says Ambrose is never going to learn. Ambrose reaches upward with a big right hand. He unloads and conquers Triple H into the corner. Triple H comes out of the corner with a Pedigree. He recovers and says “you’re on” in relation to the title match. Ambrose takes the mic and interrupts his music. Ambrose says “thanks” and enthusiasts pop. Triple H rolls up his sleeves, takes off his coat and heads back to the ring together with the title. Triple H throws Ambrose to the floor and then over the announce table. Byron Saxton to the floor throws. He brings Ambrose on the very top of the table for a couple of right hands and chucks some papers. Referees try to calm down Triple H but he is lost it and continues thumping on Ambrose. Triple H leaves and finally stops with his title as some fans boo. Ambrose is checked on by trainers as RAW goes off the air.