Cloud computing came into the scene 20 years ago and since then the industry has developed exponentially. It is anticipated to continue to broaden its influence on global businesses. In the fast moving world where new trends and technologies are approaching speedily, cloud computing has emerged out with a bang. It has become a trending catchword among business environment in today’s world. Cloud computing is a rapidly growing technology and thus, has become the backbone of all IT regulations. Its continuous development in the software industry has made it popular ever since digital transformation started.
Positive impacts of cloud computing on business organizations
Table of Contents
The major benefits of cloud computing for business organization is to increase their revenue and support them achieve their business goals efficiently. Rather than to build their own infrastructure, companies prefer to use the services offered by the cloud. Here are few of the benefits of cloud computing technology which motivates various industries:
- Improved communication- With cloud computing support you can have better communication and collaboration among the employees in a company. You have various options of instant messaging, conferencing and video conferencing. It also supports employees to work together on documents and projects guaranteeing higher consistency and teamwork. All this is possible because of data centralization and updation of cloud servers in real time.
- Reduced cost- Cloud computing works as per the usage of billing model. Thus it reduces the expenses of the company and there is no up-front cost. It lowers the maintenance cost and initial expense.
- Flexibility- A lot of flexibility is offered by cloud computing to its clients. There is an easy testing and organization of the services over cloud. The customers can pay accordingly for decided services. Cloud computing can better come across the changing industry demands by providing numerous services.
- Better storage- Better storage facilities is offered by the cloud providers to its customers. Cloud offers more data storage for the companies than they can save on their local devices. If business grows and demands more storage, companies effortlessly expand and get more storage from the cloud provider.
- Improved mobility- By using cloud computing, clients from anywhere and anytime have access to the services from variety of devices. Thus, employees can have a flexible work culture and can perform their duties from anywhere. They do not require to be physically present at the business premises.
Keep a watch on the upcoming cloud computing trends
- Rapid growth of cloud computing- A large number of organizations already use cloud-based applications. More than 10% of the companies plan to expand their use of cloud computing. Cloud computing is on its way to become the most preferred technology deployment model for companies around the globe.
- Companies become frictionless- The cloud is breaking down barriers by facilitating access to accurate information and making communication easier. It allows easy communication between a department and its staff members.
- Mobile and tabs are the future of cloud computing- The flexibility offered by mobile workforce is what makes cloud computing to rise. Now the employees do not require to stop at office to use their PC. Simply they can log into an application with a web-enabled device like smartphone or tablet and perform the task in cloud.
- The cloud will become more global- Cloud is already global in many ways as companies all over the world are using cloud-based tools every day. With more evolution of cloud services, it enables a superior degree of communication and collaboration.
Impact of cloud computing on various industries
Cloud computing has become popular and still gaining popularity across a variety of industries. Cloud technology is being used for more than just IT functions. Many industries view it in the context of how cloud can guide them to prosper in a developing marketplace.
Cloud computing for the regulated industries
According to a research, to serve the competitive functions, regulated industries like banking and insurance are uncertain to enlarge their cloud.
- Banking- Cloud environment is not secure enough for the banking sector. Thus this particular industry uses the cloud for administrative functions like file sharing, email, and sharing of notes.
- Insurance- In this sector private clouds are preferred because they are more secure than public clouds.
- Government- Today the biggest opportunities are in public cloud computing, but many in this industry fear security problems.
Cloud computing for the unregulated industries
Apart from regulated industries, cloud computing is used for in both public and private industries. Here are few of the ways these unregulated industries are using cloud computing:
- Media- Application developers or Drupal web developers nowadays are exploring a cloud-based vision to allow multiscreen entertainment for the audiences.
- Retail- In this industry, cloud implementations have been mostly Infrastructure as a Service (laaS) or Platform as a Service (PaaS) solutions. There are many aspects when retailers decide which function they want cloud to organize such as security, availability, etc.
- Manufacturing- The manufacturing industry uses cloud computing for product development, human resource, logistics, sales support functions, life cycle management, etc.
Cloud computing impact on human resources
Cloud computing not only has its impact on business but also on other vital industry resources i.e. people. It requires necessary skills to perform in a competitively business environment. Therefore, you need to manage whether your team has the required skills or not. Changes are always necessary and delicate and this one is no exception. Thus, the cloud makes sure that you handle all the changes with care. Cloud computing helps to bridge the gap between human resource department and other parts of the organization.
Cloud computing trends in 2019 and 2020
- Serverless computing- This cloud computing has gained much popularity and will continue to do so by 2020. Serverless computing is a procedure that cloud users utilize by requesting a container PaaS (Platform as a Service). They are charged for the PaaS as required by the cloud supplier.
- Data containers- Data containers are more popular for transferring information. Data containers resolve all the issues of software by organizing virtual objects while transferring the data from one system to another.
- Artificial Intelligence Platforms- Artificial Intelligence supports in processing big data. It is one of the most important advancements in accumulating business intelligence data and giving a superior comprehension of how business functions. Artificial Intelligence Platforms offers an exceptional approach to data scientists. They can work in a faster and efficient manner with other team members.
Cloud computing is capable of improving workflow to support the small business owner. It supports them to take better decision by offering superior information security, data storage and collaboration. Cloud computing technology helps businesses to become more productive, flexible, successful and efficient by streamlining workflow. Since the beginning of cloud computing, this industry has undergone a number of upcoming trends. Due to the varied level of securities and numerous features required by companies, cloud computing varies from industry to industry. Cloud-based services are easy to afford for any kind of business as the customer needs to pay only as per use. 90% of the organizations will be using cloud services by 2022 as cloud technology is perceived as an important element of a company’s competitiveness. This is a modern technology trend that allows companies to take over the market.
Ashley Marsh is a senior content writer at Maan Softwares Inc. She has been writing for various companies for over four years on a variety of topics. Ashley specializes in technical writing with an emphasis in mobile development, web design, and technology trends. Ashley finds covering the tech world to be an exciting and engaging experience as each day brings new and groundbreaking technologies to explore and write about. When she’s not writing about tech she enjoys walking her two chihuahua-poodle mixes, Ginger and Pepper.