Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Education Courage Leadership – I Have a Dream
Are you looking for martin luther king jr quotes education, martin luther king jr quotes on courage, martin luther king jr quotes on leadership?. If yes, you have landed on a perfect web page. As here, we have shared all such impressive collection with images which you can download and use for free. Feel free to share them online with your friends and followers.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes Education
Table of Contents
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nonviolence is absolute commitment to the way of love. Love is not emotional bash; it is not empty sentimentalism. It is the active outpouring of one’s whole being into the being of another.
- The reason I can’ t follow the old eye-for-an-eye philosophy is that it ends up leaving everyone blind.
- World peace through nonviolent means is neither absurd nor unattainable. All other methods have failed. Thus we must begin anew. Nonviolence is a good starting point. Those of us who believe in this method can be voices of reason, sanity, and understanding amid the voices of violence, hatred, and emotion. We can very well set a mood of peace out of which a system of peace can be built.
- I am convinced that love is the most durable power in the world. It is not an expression of impractical idealism, but of practical realism. Far from being the pious injunction of a Utopian dreamer, love is an absolute necessity for the survival of our civilization. To return hate for hate does nothing but intensify the existence of evil in the universe. Someone must have sense enough and religion enough to cut off the chain of hate and evil, and this can only be done through love.
You might like: Encouraging Bible Verses for Women
- There are two types of laws: there are just laws and there are unjust laws… What is the difference between the two? … An unjust law is a man-made code that is out of harmony with the moral law.
- The ultimate test of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and moments of convenience, but where he stands in moments of challenge and moments of controversy.
- Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress.
- Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.
- Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Courage
- Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
- The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.
- The question is not whether we will be extremists, but what kind of extremists we will be… The nation and the world are in dire need of creative extremists.
- An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
- Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciousness stupidity.
- Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at our goals.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- It may be true that the law cannot make a man love me, but it can keep him from lynching me, and I think that’s pretty important.
- Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
- Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Morality cannot be legislated but behavior can be regulated. Judicial decrees may not change the heart, but they can restrain the heartless.
- One who condones evils is just as guilty as the one who perpetrates it.
- All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
- Psychological freedom, a firm sense of self-esteem, is the most powerful weapon against the long night of physical slavery.
- Everybody can be great because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
- Hatred paralyses life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
- An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
- A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual death.
- The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes on Leadership
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- The soft-minded man always fears change. He feels security in the status quo, and he has an almost morbid fear of the new. For him, the greatest pain is the pain of a new idea.
- I came to the conclusion that there is an existential moment in your life when you must decide to speak for yourself; nobody else can speak for you.
- You will change your mind; You will change your looks; You will change your smile,laugh, and ways but no matter what you change, you will always be you.
- Only in the darkness can you see the stars.
- No one really knows why they are alive until they know what they’d die for.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.
- I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”…I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love.
- The time is always right to do the right thing.
- Free at last, free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- It does not matter how long you live, but how well you do it.
- When our days become dreary with low-hovering clouds of despair, and when our nights become darker than a thousand mid nights, let us remember that there is a creative force in this universe, working to pull down the gigantic mountains of evil, a power that is able to make a way out of no way and transform dark yesterdays into bright tomorrows.
- Use me, God. Show me how to take who I am, who I want to be, and what I can do, and use it for a purpose greater than myself.
- Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
- Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals.
You might also like: Happy Birthday Wishes Quotes for My Favorite Uncle in English
- We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right.
- There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth.
- Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not man.
- The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: ‘If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?’ But… the good Samaritan reversed the question: ‘If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?
- If I wish to compose or write or pray or preach well, I must be angry. Then all the blood in my veins is stirred, and my understanding is sharpened.
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
- A right delayed is a right denied.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
- The Negro needs the white man to free him from his fears. The white man needs the Negro to free him from his guilt.
- If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes I Have a Dream
- I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia, the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit together at the table of brotherhood. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlit path of racial justice – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- We will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed – we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr Quotes if You Can Fly
- If you can’t fly, then run. If you can’t run, then walk. If you can’t walk, then crawl. but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.- Martin Luther King Jr
- The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Hatred paralyses life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Never, never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.- Martin Luther King Jr.
- Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.