Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes: 20 Inspirational Sayings of All Time
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was one of the most revered civil rights leaders in history. He wasn’t just known for the change he helped facilitate across the United States. He was also known for his powerful oration and ability to motivate people. We have gathered some of Martin Luther King Jr.’s famous quotes in the hopes to inspire and motivate you in honor of Martin Luther King Day.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: Only love can do that.
- A riot is the language of the unheard.
- The time is always right to do what is right.
- Only in the darkness can you see the stars.
- I have a dream that one day right there in Alabama little black boys and little black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.
- Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
- Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
You might like: Martin Luther King Jr Quotes I Have a Dream
- That old law about ‘an eye for an eye’ leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
- There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right.
- I say to you today, my friends, that in spite of the difficulties and frustrations of the moment, I still have a dream.
- Mankind must put and end to war or war will put an end to mankind.
- Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
- We will not be satisfied until justice rolls down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream.
- I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.
- Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
- Everybody can be great … because anybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love.
- Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?
- I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed – we hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.
- We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
- martin luther king jr quotes i have a dream
- martin luther king jr quotes on equality
- martin luther king jr quotes education
- martin luther king jr quotes if you can fly
- martin luther king jr quotes on courage
- martin luther king jr quotes on leadership